Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Multi-purpose products - Vaseline

I'm a big fan of multi-purpose products, especially cheap household items that double as beauty products!

The main item that I reach for alot is Vaseline - the traditional one in the tub. There is a never ending list for this product, but my top 20 uses are:
1. Cuticle cream - applied twice daily makes for beautiful clean looking cuticles
2. Elbow & knee moisturiser - it's super intense, and helps to keep dry skin at bay
3. Helps perfumes last longer - apply this where you usually apply perfume, wait a few minutes and spray away!
4. Mixed with finely ground sea salt/sugar, and it makes a great scrub!
5. When a light layer is applied on the teeth, it prevents your lips from becoming stuck to your teeth if you do alot of smiling - and it can also help to prevent the old lipstick on the teeth drama
6. Massages! I frequently talk my mum into giving me a nice shoulder/foot massage with the aid of Vaseline - helps to moisturise at the same time!
7. Brilliant makeup remover - it'll take off anything! Even the likes of Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof
8. Can be applied on the eyelids to give the glossy look that is on trend right now!
9. Can be used as a barrier cream to prevent wind burn
10. Mix with your lipstick for a cream blush!
11. Tames unruly eyebrows - smooth a little on once you've filled them in
12. Gives eyelashes glossy. defined look
13. Prevents accidental application of hair dye on your ears - apply as a barrier around the hair line and on the ears
14. Removes makeup stains from clothing!
15. Remove false eyelash glue from lash line
16. Apply Vaseline on your lips, leave it to sit for a minute or two, and scrub with a toothbrush! Leaves you with smooth, supple lips
17. Apply Vaseline to the places your face gets dry just before a flight to prevent skin dehydration
18. Create cream eyeshadows with pigments!
19. Barrier cream for blisters - absolute lifesaver!
20. Use a tiny bit on the split ends to disguise them

I keep several tubs around the house, for convenience :) I've also found that it helps to soothe bug bites - so does sticky tape! I found this out when I managed to get absolutely eaten alive by mosquitos one night - I'm not exaggerating when I say you literally could not see one part of my thighs that weren't bitten. To make matters worse, I'm sensititve to mosquito bites, and get huge welts when I'm bitten, my legs looked so big! Anyway, I accidentally stuck tape on my leg when I was wrapping a present and noticed a couple minutes later that the bite was not itchy anymore. I researched it, and apparently the glue used on the tape helps to bring out the poison-y stuff left by the mosquito bite and also acts as a barrier to help stop things from irritating the bite and making it itchy again.

Overall, huge thumbs up for multi-purpose products! Will do another post like this soon I think :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I didn't know Vaseline had that many ways to use it! Vaseline is a fantastic invention, even though it's so simple. Such a great post, very useful. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Who knew Vaseline was so versatile? I'm going to have to get a travel size tub to keep in my purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vaseline is so great! I have tubs everywhere - at every sink, in my bedroom, in each purse.. I love it! I honestly think its my number 1 most used beauty product :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I will have to try them out(:

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete